• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Duck breast yakizuke

Josh71

After I saw a cooking video about salmon yakizuke, I searched the internet to learn more about it.

And I found a reference about duck breast yakizuke (kamonikuno yakizuke / kamo no yakizuke).

But, not much info about the duck breast version.

Is this common dish in Japan?

Thinking to make one myself based on that video and simply replacing the salmon with duck :)

Edited by Josh71 (log)
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

Did you try it? It's one of my favorite cooking techniques, especially for bento, because it's fast, keeps well, doesn't need to be served hot to be tasty, and is not greasy. The recipe given is quite an elaborate one - plenty of people just mix mirin, soy sauce and a dollop of rice vinegar for the marinade. You can also grill the fish instead of frying it.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...