• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mind of a Chef Season 4

rotuts

GH :

" the recipe that calls for two heads of garlic and man you can have two that knock your brains out or two that

Hummmm Whats going on here?

re: supermarket garlic 

re Sweetbreads  ( [ Ed.:  brined, membrane removed ] ):

" you could gum it to death if you had no teeth "

big smile 

:biggrin:

of course, its floured and deep fried :

" its practically become a Chicken McNugget ...  My 7 year old wants to chow down as you do too "

there is a sauce.  it involves some bacon, capers and butter 

thats's all I can say for now.

Edited by rotuts (log)

I found it here http://video.pbs.org/program/mind-chef/

I loved it and now I need her book!

Thanks again.

Oh my Lord you will love her book(s). She has an autobiography and a cookbook and both of them had me entranced.

• Like 2

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

I watched the Prune episode online. Fun to watch her make that sauce! I have both her books - but have only quickly browsed the cookbook and forgot that I even had Blood, Bones & Butter. I must take another look at both. Thanks, rotuts.  

the second episode was broadcast today in my area.

Im even more impressed.

Im taking a much close look at " Prune "

Ive seed a lot of cooking vids.

Chef Gabrielle Hamilton  is right at the very top for both ideas and inspiration.

• Like 1

the second episode was broadcast today in my area.

Im even more impressed.

Im taking a much close look at " Prune "

Ive seed a lot of cooking vids.

Chef Gabrielle Hamilton  is right at the very top for both ideas and inspiration.

She is impressive, is she not?  

With respect to the "Mind of a Chef" series, in this Fortune piece, that briefly examined her refusals to build an empire, she said "she got to be influential in the writing and driving where it went. She added, “It was a perfect extension of who I was.”  

I like that!

• Like 1