• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

lindag

McDonalds's Sirloin Burger

I'd been seeing their TV ads for this and finally decided if I wanted to try it I'd better do so pretty soon since they said it was available for a limited time.

I was pleasantly surprised, it was a really decent burger.  I ordered mine with cheese, lettuce, mayo, onion and pickle as well as small fries and a small drink.  It cost $8+ all together which seemed a bit steep for a drive in sandwich but I did enjoy it and I'd order it again if it's still available next time.

Edited by lindag (log)
  • Like 2

I had a rather different experience. Yes it was thicker but texture was dense and not juicy. For $8 I was expecting better. For a similar price I can go to a local Burger Monger where they use akaushi beef that I hear comes from HeartBrand