• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"A Chef's Life," Season 3

rotuts

A Chef Life, Season 3 starts today in many PBS areas.  not mine for a couple  of weeks.

Ive enjoyed the first two seasons, and look forward to this one.

http://www.achefslifeseries.com

http://video.pbs.org/video/2365548388/

some PBS station's web sites allow you to see the show after they broadcast it, and I think  KLRU is one of them.

Edited by rotuts (log)

Thanks for the heads-up. I just reserved DVDs of seasons one and two from our local library. Season three premieres here on September 12.

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"...in the mid-’90s when the internet was coming...there was a tendency to assume that when all the world’s knowledge comes online, everyone will flock to it. It turns out that if you give everyone access to the Library of Congress, what they do is watch videos on TikTok."  -Neil Stephenson, author, in The Atlantic

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone!!!

My wife and I are enjoying very much the show...  We cancelled cable and satellite some time ago and are having fun finding entertainment from sources we haven't generally used in the past.

However, we are puzzled by one person's presence on the show.  Does anybody know whom the blonde lady is on the PEACHY episode sitting with VIV's husband and the kids on the couch while they watched VIV on the TODAY SHOW?

Originally, I thought she was a sister, or cousin, or something.  But, Mrs. Padres Fan has assured me she is not a relative.  Anybody out there find her presence, and body language as the family watched the TODAY SHOW curious?

Padres Fan

I noticed that woman too and I think she was also in a recently aired episide about figs. Given the fact that Vivian Howard works and travels a lot (her husband as well) and I've not heard anything about family taking care if her children....... I assumed she's most likely a nanny. That would make sense.

• 4 weeks later...

today in my area they are showing Episode 307  Casserole

what a wonderful and insightful show.

this book is featured as an 'eat in book signing ;

http://www.amazon.com/The-Southern-Living-Community-Cookbook/dp/0848743547

I do have a couple of casserole books.

the author of the book has unusual insight :

she discusses canned soup.  mentions that casseroles from out past have taste expectations.

"  the goal of a casserole is to feed the hungry and the heart broken

left overs ?  nope 

if you dont put something good in the dish, you are not going to get any thing good out of the dish

nothing magic is going to happen when your not looking."

if you can , please see this show.  its refreshing.

I went to Chef and The Farmer in Jan 2015, it was delicious. I was on the end of a terrible flu-like illness but I dragged myself there because we made our reservation a couple months in advance. We did not see Vivian or her husband - they weren't around but we did see some of the other cast of characters from the show hard at work in the kitchen.

Edited by toolprincess (log)
  • Like 1