• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The World's Most Expensive Restaurant

Drewman

Interesting. Seems pretty nuts. I wonder how much of a market for something of this extreme nature there really is? Culinary trends seem to be aiming towards more casual, this is just a big ol' middle finger towards that.

Call it the practical guy in me, all I could think of when I saw that a meal was 1,900 per person was "Well shit, that's rent plus bills for a month".

I suppose though if money is no object, people would be stoked, although I would imagine this would be more of a one-off, since a ton of effort would go into making a new menu and 'experience' frequently. Unlikely it would change more than once per year, I would assume.

Cheese - milk's leap toward immortality.

Badly written article. It doesn't say much about the food, at all. And never does explain what the gold ticket meant.

Sounds horrific.

It really didn't mention food much, did it?

Reading it again, it sounds like someone wrote about an experience at the VR booth at E3, that had some good food sitting around.

Edited by MattyC (log)

Cheese - milk's leap toward immortality.

• 2 weeks later...