• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hi, everyone. Glad to be here.

Chimayo Joe

Hi there, new eGulleter,  You don't say where you are from, but your name speaks of the Southwest of the USA.  Welcome to eGullet. 

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

The name is a nod to my love of New Mexican red chile. I chose it when I first began posting on another food forum about 15 years ago. Just decided to stick with it here. Regionally, I'll most likely be frequenting the eGullet board that covers Colorado, Utah, and New Mexico. I'm really looking forward to exploring the cooking boards here, as well. I enjoy cooking and trying cuisines that are new to me. I have a decent cookbook collection, pretty wide-ranging, but am always looking for different food experiences. Big fan of Indian food. Big fan of Persian food. My favorite things to cook are stew-y dishes, and those two cuisines feed(excuse the pun) into that.

Edited by Chimayo Joe (log)
  • Like 1

My DH and I love Indian food and living in Canada, it's easy to find the ingredients and restaurants if you want that.  I have found that many Americans have no access to Indian food and that's too bad.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope.