• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Stirring with a thermometer

Craig E

• 3 weeks later...

When I pay attention to temperature, I use a regular cocktail spoon and an infrared gun thermometer (that I got from Kerry at an eG conference). It's really easy to use and it works great. Plus it has a variety of applications - from chocolate and candy making to pool thermometer!

When I pay attention to temperature, I use a regular cocktail spoon and an infrared gun thermometer (that I got from Kerry at an eG conference). It's really easy to use and it works great. Plus it has a variety of applications - from chocolate and candy making to pool thermometer!

Wow, never heard of such a thing!

Thermodynamics all up in this.

Anyway, we don't stir with thermometers because that is #wank, but we do often check our refrigerated and frozen pre-batches to see if they are comparable and therefore viable alternatives to stirred counterparts.

Yes, frozen, pre-diluted Manhattan is amazing. See also; Slamhattan shots.

• Like 1

The Dead Parrot; Built from the ground up by bartenders, for everyone:

Monkey Shoulder Ultimate Bartender Champions, 2015

Twitter

Instagram

Untappd