• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Time To Eat

liuzhou

Nowadays, most of people skip breakfast but we should take it between 7-8am, lunch 12-2pm and dinner 6-8pm..

Should? Says who?

What evidence is there that 'most people' skip breakfast?

What is special about 7-8 am that we should eat breakfast then.

Ditto lunch and dinner times. I've been eating dinner after 8 pm for all my life, as do many people. Look when restaurants are busy.

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

Should? Says who?

What evidence is there that 'most people' skip breakfast?

What is special about 7-8 am that we should eat breakfast then.

Ditto lunch and dinner times. I've been eating dinner after 8 pm for all my life, as do many people. Look when restaurants are busy.

No one said.. I meant 'most of the people' based on my friends, relatives, etc.,

we should talk bf 7-8 - we should have something to our stomach which means our stomach empty at the last 5-6 hour from the dinner (light food), why means we are having dinner earlier between 6-8. Dinner should be earlier or 2-3 hours before sleeping...

I hope this would be helpful to all: http://goo.gl/0XYJGC

No one said.. I meant 'most of the people' based on my friends, relatives, etc.,

we should talk bf 7-8 - we should have something to our stomach which means our stomach empty at the last 5-6 hour from the dinner (light food), why means we are having dinner earlier between 6-8. Dinner should be earlier or 2-3 hours before sleeping...

I hope this would be helpful to all: http://goo.gl/0XYJGC

You keep saying should be. Why? If it should be, then someone must have said so, even if it is just you.

If I eat at 8 pm, I still have more than 3 hours before sleeping. 

What if I don't get up until 8am, as I did this morning?

What do I do when I work nights? 

Your link is about weight loss. That is not what we are discussing. I'd also like to see some evidence for the claims it makes.

Edited by liuzhou (log)

You have to decide your eating time on your night shifts.... :rolleyes:

Sleeping time is more important like eating... late night sleeping will affect health. I am helpless for whom going night shifts... :cool:

I haven't worked nights for over 40 years. Just making a point. There is no should. People can eat whenever they want provided they are reasonably healthy and in accordance with their lifestyle.

Whatever, I'm certainly not taking my medical advice from the Reader's Digest. Interestingly all four "dietitians" quoted seem to have defunct or dysfunctional websites. Business must be booming.

Edited by liuzhou (log)