• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

scubadoo97

scubadoo97

Attempting Eggbites this morning.  Eggs, diced orange peppers and manchego, into the bath at 170f.   First one in popped immediately and I had tempered the jars briefly before immersing.   Had this happen when I made creme brûlée which is why I tempered.   While the fresh water reheated I tempered the remaining 3 longer.   Pretty sure I didn't over tighten the lids but the last three were barely finger tip tight.  So breakfast will be a little later

image.jpeg

scubadoo97

scubadoo97

Attempting Eggbites this morning.  Eggs, diced orange peppers and manchego, into the bath at 170f.   First one in popped immediately and I had tempered the jars briefly before immersing.   Had this happen when I made creme brûlée which is why I tempered.   While the fresh water reheated I tempered the remaining 3 longer.   Prettier sure I didn't over tighten the lids but the last three were barely finger tip tight.  So breakfast will be a little later

image.jpeg