• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

2 hours ago, Shelby said:

I guess I'll graduate over here....I'm still a newbie, though.

Thanks to Rotuts help I did a couple of stuffed chicken breasts yesterday.  My stuffing ability leaves a lot to be desired but it was still good.  I do think I left them in the bath a bit too long....was finishing up the rest of dinner and some soup for today.  None the less, these were good.  Yes, you guys were all correct, SV is an excellent way to enjoy chicken breasts.

I stuffed them with spinach, mozz cheese and some pepperoni.  I tied them...and still felt they were going to lose their shape so I also wrapped them in saran before vac. packing them.

Those look really good, Shelby.  I also tried making stuffed chicken breasts, because even though everyone said SV was great for them, the idea of plain, boneless, skinless chicken breasts made me think of cottony buffet food!

I didn't tie mine, just wrapped in Saran wrap before bagging.  I also think I could have gone with a shorter time but I thought they were tasty and looked sorta fancy!  

I tried ham & cheese:

56a7b2eed0bd5_IMG_2401(1).thumb.jpg.d4bd

And pesto:

IMG_2423.thumb.jpg.6d11fa1df968ecc66dc0b

I noticed that boneless, skinless thighs are $1.69/lb at Sprouts this week.  I prefer chicken thighs with the bone and skin for roasting in the oven but at that price, I wondering if I could do the same stuffing business with them.  I may give it a try.  

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

2 hours ago, Shelby said:

I guess I'll graduate over here....I'm still a newbie, though.

Thanks to Rotuts help I did a couple of stuffed chicken breasts yesterday.  My stuffing ability leaves a lot to be desired but it was still good.  I do think I left them in the bath a bit too long....was finishing up the rest of dinner and some soup for today.  None the less, these were good.  Yes, you guys were all correct, SV is an excellent way to enjoy chicken breasts.

I stuffed them with spinach, mozz cheese and some pepperoni.  I tied them...and still felt they were going to lose their shape so I also wrapped them in saran before vac. packing them.

Those look really good, Shelby.  I also tried making stuffed chicken breasts also, because even though everyone said SV was great for them, the idea of plain, boneless, skinless chicken breasts made me think of cottony buffet food!

I didn't tie mine, just wrapped in Saran wrap before bagging.  I also think I could have gone with a shorter time but I thought they were tasty and looked sorta fancy!  

I tried ham & cheese:

56a7b2eed0bd5_IMG_2401(1).thumb.jpg.d4bd

And pesto:

IMG_2423.thumb.jpg.6d11fa1df968ecc66dc0b

I noticed that boneless, skinless thighs are $1.69/lb at Sprouts this week.  I prefer chicken thighs with the bone and skin for roasting in the oven but at that price, I wondering if I could do the same stuffing business with them.  I may give it a try.