• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best large batch food processor that emulsifies

growninbrooklyn

I am currently making some hummos types of spreads and have been making them in a vitamix. The vitamix is getting way too small so I bought a 23 quart robot coupe and it's too slow and will not emulsify like the vitamix. I've been forced to do part of the process in a vitamix and part in the robot coupe but it's so inefficient. Anyone out there know of a faster food processor that will emulsify large batches of food. I've looked at colloidal mills but they are too expensive, but really cool. One of my spreads is an almond+cilantro pesto that is sooooo delicious I usually make about 14 half lb. containers and sell out at markets around NYC pretty quickly. I'm looking to wholesale these soon so need to make a lot more. 

thanks