• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

NYC for 1st time: Chef on the loose

gfron1

Could you compare it to anything else you've had before?

Well I'm cheating because I've foraged quite a bit a pond scum before but generally it was a very heavily sea chlorophyll flavor. Almost a liquid burst in this dish.

How was the dim sum (I assume) at Asian Jewels? Did you do any general walking around?

The dim sum was okay. Its an area of cuisine that I'm woefully uneducated about so I just point at pretty things and hope for the best. So everything was okay, but nothing too special. I was a bit concerned by their B grade from the health department but I don't know how bad that really is - they still get to be open.

And we walked around a bit, but that's not really my interest, so where ever Tyler hauled me, I went.

• Like 1