• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smithy

Smithy

Added shout-out to liamsaunt

On 6/24/2021 at 10:37 AM, heidih said:

That cod looks incredibly succulent. I've never done or eaten fish with a bean puree. Must expand my horizons. At our usual beach rental there are strings also for nesting birds on the dunes. I am always both pleased and amazed that people respect the caution.

@liamsaunt, I'd like to know more about how that cod was prepared...and what type of beans and seasonings were in the puree? I'm going to be experimenting with a fish shipment soon. My other half thinks all fish should be fried, but I'd like to try more creative dishes with some of it. Please tell more about the olive relish, while you're at it. Was it tart, like a muffaletta? I don't blame you for keeping all that dish to yourself!

Smithy

Smithy

Just now, heidih said:

That cod looks incredibly succulent. I've never done or eaten fish with a bean puree. Must expand my horizons. At our usual beach rental there are strings also for nesting birds on the dunes. I am always both pleased and amazed that people respect the caution.

I'd like to know more about how that cod was prepared...and what type of beans and seasonings were in the puree? I'm going to be experimenting with a fish shipment soon. My other half thinks all fish should be fried, but I'd like to try more creative dishes with some of it. Please tell more about the olive relish, while you're at it. Was it tart, like a muffaletta? I don't blame you for keeping all that dish to yourself!