• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

@Thanks for the Crepes thanks for the nice compliments on my photos!  I do enjoy taking pictures.  

@Okanagancook yes, the whales were very close to the boat.  I also had a good position because we were the second group in line to board the boat, so that helped a lot.

Yesterday we tried to revisit the Beachcomber, but no luck.  Their parking lot was full, as was the auxiliary lot that they shuttle people over from.  So, instead it was back to Winslow's Tavern.  We had some new items, but also some repeats.

It was breezy, so some clam chowder was in order.  This one had grilled corn in it, which I enjoyed.

winslows clam chowder.jpg

An arugula salad

winslows arugula salad.jpg

A pear-apple salad

winslows pear apple salad.jpg

Kale caesar salad

winslows kale caesar salad.jpg

Roasted oysters

winslows roasted oysters.jpg

Tomato salad with bacon jam and burrata

winslows tomatoes.jpg

Soft shell crab sandwich

winslows soft shell crab.jpg

The pug mac

winslows pig mac.jpg

Scallop roll

winslows scallop roll.jpg

Prosciutto panino

winslows proscuitto.jpg

Double chocolate mousse

sunday winslows mousse.jpg

Key lime tart

winslows sunday key lime.jpg

And a surprise sunset.  We thought Hermine would interfere, but last night was beautiful.

sunday sunset use.jpg

We leave for home tomorrow morning, so I have just two more meals to share for this trip.  

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

@Thanks for the Crepes thanks for the nice compliments on my photos!  I do enjoy taking pictures.  

@Okanagancook yes, the whales were very close to the boat.  I also had a good position because we were the second group in line to board the boat, so that helped a lot.

Yesterday we tried to revisit the Beachcomber, but no luck.  Their parking lot was full, as was the auxiliary lot that they settle people over from.  So, instead it was back to Winslow's Tavern.

It was breezy, so some clam chowder was in order.  This one had grilled corn in it, which I enjoyed.

winslows clam chowder.jpg

An arugula salad

winslows arugula salad.jpg

A pear-apple salad

winslows pear apple salad.jpg

Kale caesar salad

winslows kale caesar salad.jpg

Roasted oysters

winslows roasted oysters.jpg

Tomato salad with bacon jam and burrata

winslows tomatoes.jpg

Soft shell crab sandwich

winslows soft shell crab.jpg

The pug mac

winslows pig mac.jpg

Scallop roll

winslows scallop roll.jpg

Prosciutto panino

winslows proscuitto.jpg

Double chocolate mousse

sunday winslows mousse.jpg

Key lime tart

winslows sunday key lime.jpg

And a surprise sunset.  We thought Hermine would interfere, but last night was beautiful.

sunday sunset use.jpg

We leave for home tomorrow morning, so I have just two more meals to share for this trip.