• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Thanks for the Crepes

Thanks for the Crepes

never could spell when I get excited about something

16 hours ago, weinoo said:

Great photos.

Now that is an understatement! :) They are amazing in the thread itself.

Do yourself a favor, and pop some of them out into another tab. (Right click, Open in another tab) I had to scroll around some to see all of the larger images, but when I did, I was treated to a view of the whale in both the head and tail shots where I could smell the sea, hear the sea birds and spray, and felt like I was swimming way too close. The tail shot detail in the larger images reveals the vertebrae and a crop of barnacles growing on the fluke on the right side of the picture, which makes it the whale's left one, I think.

When I popped out the taco truck photo to read the menu, I could. It impressed me as rather expensive, but I guess that's normal for hot food right on the beach. The food depicted looked great. I would have gone for the Mexican street corn, yum! I got a bonus on the food truck photo, too. The guy with the baby is wearing swim trunks with some really interesting art. The giraffe's heads and torsos are depicted in the bottom cobalt blue color, and the long legs in the top aqua color.

All the dishes I tried pop out equally successfully, with such detail that you feel you are at the table eating them.

Thanks for sharing, and I am in awe of your photography skills, @liamsaunt.

Please stay safe in Hermine. It killed another person here out at our coast, I found out this morning. I hope the storm loses strength and just dumps a bunch of much needed rain up that way without any damage, flooding or storm surge.

Thanks for the Crepes

Thanks for the Crepes

12 hours ago, weinoo said:

Great photos.

Now that is an understatement! :) They are amazing in the thread itself.

Do yourself a favor, and pop some of them out into another tab. (Right click, Open in another tab) I had to scroll around some to see all of the larger images, but when I did, I was treated to a view of the whale in both the head and tail shots where I could smell the sea, hear the sea birds and spray, and felt like I was swimming way too close. The tail shot detail in the larger images reveals the vertebrae and a crop of barnacles growing on the fluke on the right side of the picture, which makes it the whale's left one, I think.

When I popped out the taco truck photo to read the menu, I could. It impressed me as rather expensive, but I guess that's normal for hot food right on the beach. The food depicted looked great. I would have gone for the Mexican street corn, yum! I got a bonus on the food truck photo, too. The guy with the baby is wearing swim trunks with some really interesting art. The giraffe's heads and torsos are depicted in the bottom cobalt blue color, and the long legs in the top aqua color.

All the dishes I tried pop out equally successfully, with such detail that you feel you are at the table eating them.

Thanks for sharing, and I am in awe of your photograph skills, @liamsaunt.

Please stay safe in Hermine. It killed another person here out at our coast, I found out this morning. I hope the storm loses strength and just dumps a bunch of much needed rain up that way without any damage, flooding or storm surge.