• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Robot Coupe R2

Franci

If you have one or you use it a work, it would be appreciated if you help me understand if:

1. Using the grating disc (or fine shredding) can I make nut flour in it, fine as macaron fine flour? I have the magimix but as I already mentioned here, as you grate the nuts in the small gap between the bowl and the disc some pieces of nuts can fall in between and I end up sifting my flour. So I bought this Westmark grated, that does a decent job for small quantities. I want to upgrade to something else and was wondering if I can eliminate the problem with the robot coupe.

2. Can you grate small pieces of food or only big chunks? Example diced lemon peel. Using the westwark grater, mentioned before,  I get nice and fluffy grated candied lemon peel but it takes a lot of time and effort. In the mixer or in a coffee grinder, I don't get the same result and of course I cannot use the magimix for this task.

Would the robot coupe work? can you suggest another appliance otherwise?

I owned,used and abused a Robot Coupe 40 qt for 10 years and loved it but they are not the right type of machine to do what you need.

I think you would be better with an Ankarsrum Assistent. Plus the nut grater.

They are a machine which is famous for their longevity and their various attachments for working properly. They really are great to use.

Also mainly known for their superiority to the Kitchenaid in breadmaking.

John

Edited by johnmc (log)

Thank you, Johnmc for your reply. The Ankarsrum is an interesting option,  I'm not sure though I want one more mixer (or that mixer at the moment). I need to think about it. Also, the possibility of a light volume cheese grater is crossing my mind but I'm not sure how fine the grated nut flour would be. Also, I don't think they come with multiple shredding tools which would be useful in my case. I fine-shred about 12 kg chocolate a month right now.