• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Aspen Food & Wine Classic

Is this the right section of the forum to ask this…?

Anyway, hope I can draw on the experience of the experts here. A friend and I very much want to go to this next year, but the consumer passes are SO costly ($1,350). Does anyone know if:

a) the consumer pass means once you're in, you don't pay extra for food & drinks

b) is it worth just buying tickets to individual parties and events…? I suppose that way, though, you would miss out on all the demonstrations which are the most interesting bit...

c) generally, what is the atmosphere like? particularly towards non-industry professionals

Generally, does anyone have any helpful tips for this? I've never been before, as you can tell. Any advice would be welcome for a total novice.

Edited by gingerbeer (log)