• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Culinary Use for Coconut Paste?

As a result of a failed attempt at coconut gelato I have a batch of (for lack of a more precise term) coconut paste:

http://forums.egullet.org/topic/144208-home-made-ice-cream-2013–/?p=2019595

The stuff is wonderfully delicious and at refrigerator temperature about the consistency of ice cream or lard.  Like coconut marzipan but perfectly smooth.  Any ideas what I can use it for...besides eating out of the pot?

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

After work one of my friends confided that her breakfast was the same every day:  coconut butter with honey on toast.

My material is not quite the same as coconut butter as it is coconut butter homogenized (per MC@H)  with sugar, xanthan gum, and tapioca starch.

I'm having some at the moment with a slice of cake and a glass of milk.  It sounds somewhat similar to Franci's cherry bars.

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou