• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Member, Old Confectioner

Just a quick hello to everyone, and a special thank you to the group of confectioners from here that I had the pleasure to work with in Vienna, VA.  You know who you are. 

I'm an old confectioner who's had the luck to be able to make a 40 year career learning and applying the art and science of confections.  And who wants to keep learning and sharing.

• Like 3

Mark - welcome!  So glad you have decided to join us.  

Going to link you here to the planning thread for next years workshop as I know you want to come - here.

Howdy. Confectionery is not an area I'm well versed in so I doubt I can contribute anything to your learning... but I'll be happy to steal, errr, learn all I can from you. :biggrin:

Edited because, apparently, I'm not very well versed in spelling either.

Edited by Tri2Cook (log)

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

Welcome Mark to eGullet.  Confectionery is one of my favorite topics and I'm always happy to learn something new from the experts.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope.