• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

My New Pizza Design " The O "

Paul Bacino

So playing around with making pizza!!

This  is a 190g/300g AP flour dough with 1/4 t yeast and 1/4 t salt and a spot of honey   --Slow rise

17729142858_1febc9842d_k.jpg

Par baked 9 Mins @ 450//Below is the finished results

17891220216_fa5babd6f6_k.jpg

17730037390_6bc95125cc_k.jpg

AS you'll see you will get three textures with this design--End Crust/Side Crust  and Charred ends ( the center )

17297155913_2bfe9f4f9a_k.jpg

The Crumb

17297190043_59157fbf17_k.jpg

After the pre-bake I dress the pie and cook another 10-12 mins/  I use a high rack and a low rack to get my desired finish

ENJOY--The "O "   as in Bacin" O "

Edited by Paul Bacino (log)
  • Like 9

Its good to have Morels

Well then  Grissini by " Bacini"  :biggrin:

I am always intrigued when anyone (except my kittens!) think outside the box. I would expect that this pizza would overcome the issue of the floppy pizza where when you go to pick it up all the toppings slide off. And it would certainly appeal to those who say keep toppings I just want the crust.

• Like 7

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Very intriguing idea!  Those of us who like eating the crust will really enjoy it.  I really don't see any downside to it at all.

• Like 1

I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.