• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

EZtemper - The Help You Need to Achieve Perfectly Tempered Chocolate FAST!

John DePaula

4 minutes ago, keychris said:

I posted something about it looking like an eztemper and the comment seems to have disappeared! xD

I saw it when I looked - thanks!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tikidoc said:

Oh look, my comment is gone too.

Interesting - wonder if they'll get rid of the other one too! Didn't realize you could get rid of comments on Instagram.

Huh, I’m getting a ‘user not found’ message when looking for kriss’ original post on Instagram. I mean, he may have blocked me after I told him his new tattoo was all wrong, but he should still show up, right?  Weird. 

And I agree, only one canister seems less useful, with multiple canisters you can have one ready to go and a back up working for continuous supply. 

Edited by pastrygirl (log)
  • Like 1

Speaking of multiple canisters, @Kerry Beal, how many of the size that are included can you fit at once and still have it function as intended?  Bakon seems to be after a  higher volume customer, have you determined a max capacity for the EZ?  The option of larger canisters could be attractive at higher volumes - I'm picturing Indian tiffin lunch boxes that are 4-6" diameter or a round bain marie insert that could hold 1 - 2 kg.

And can containers be plastic or glass?    It could be handy to have smaller, pre-measured amounts of silk - if I'm making 5 batches that need 100 g of silk each, could I stack 5 plastic deli containers in there and skip weighing to order?

2 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

Interesting - wonder if they'll get rid of the other one too! Didn't realize you could get rid of comments on Instagram.

Intrigued ... so I went and checked.  Here's the only comment I found about EZTemper and yes, @pastrygirl, kriss showed up when I did a search on that name so quite possibly he has blocked you (how rude!)

EZinstacapture.jpg

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, pastrygirl said:

Speaking of multiple canisters, @Kerry Beal, how many of the size that are included can you fit at once and still have it function as intended?  Bakon seems to be after a  higher volume customer, have you determined a max capacity for the EZ?  The option of larger canisters could be attractive at higher volumes - I'm picturing Indian tiffin lunch boxes that are 4-6" diameter or a round bain marie insert that could hold 1 - 2 kg.

And can containers be plastic or glass?    It could be handy to have smaller, pre-measured amounts of silk - if I'm making 5 batches that need 100 g of silk each, could I stack 5 plastic deli containers in there and skip weighing to order?

So it can hold 6 canisters - the extra canisters I obtained are in two sizes 8 cm (like those with it) and 9 cm. You can put 2 of the larger and 4 of the smaller in there. That gives a larger capacity than the competition. A big container would be fine as long as there is room for air circulation around it.

Plastic or glass is fine - health department might have an issue with glass and the set temperature may be a little different.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JeanneCake said:

Intrigued ... so I went and checked.  Here's the only comment I found about EZTemper and yes, @pastrygirl, kriss showed up when I did a search on that name so quite possibly he has blocked you (how rude!)

EZinstacapture.jpg

Suspect that might disappear before long as well!

I’ve been following Kriss on Instagram for some time now and I’m fairly certain a portion of his posts are advertisements for products where he has some incentives to post about them. I’m guessing he is deleting comments about competing products on all such posts.

23 hours ago, pastrygirl said:

I have used both glass and plastic deli containers. With glass, you need to adjust the temp down. With the deli containers, you adjust up. I think it might be problematic to have a lot of different size and material containers in at the same time. I usually put the deli container in overnight, then transfer to the SS containers. I bought bulk CB, melted, tempered and poured into deli containers for storage. Very easy to just pop into the EZ.

• Like 2

Ruth Kendrick

Chocolot
Artisan Chocolates and Toffees
www.chocolot.com

Just now, Daniel D said:

I’ve been following Kriss on Instagram for some time now and I’m fairly certain a portion of his posts are advertisements for products where he has some incentives to post about them. I’m guessing he is deleting comments about competing products on all such posts.

Might be the case. Thought it funny that he declares himself the first owner in the US (except Valrhona) - he's not!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

Might be the case. Thought it funny that he declares himself the first owner in the US (except Valrhona) - he's not!

I would prefer an EZtemper, if I say so on my instagram can I get one sent down under :P

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pastrygirl said:

Gain access to dozens and dozens of followers? ;)

It was quite fascinating to me though that when Flavio Federico in Brazil posted an Instagram video with his new EZtemper - my followers went up exponentially. Sadly it apparently costs around $3000 US for a Brazilian to import one between duties and taxes. A few enterprising Brazilians have had me send them to friends and family in the US and had them brought down or have picked them up. Here's a link to his post - Flavio's video on Instagram

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pastrypastmidnight said:

Alexandre Bourdeaux is on Melissa Coppel’s live Instagram story using the EZTemper right now :) . Well, it was an hour ago—but it’s still up :) .

Thanks for the head's up. I can't seem to copy it. I'm such a luddite.

On 4/15/2018 at 12:03 PM, Daniel D said:

Going through some e-mails tonight I realize that he contacted me about purchasing an EZtemper a while back - he mentioned he tried to get the competition to match my price. Guess they must have come around!

2 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

Thanks for the head's up. I can't seem to copy it. I'm such a luddite.

I’m not sure you can copy a story. When I was looking in to it months ago, all the apps listed in various articles were no longer available. Maybe you could contact Melissa. 

He seemed impressed by it. :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

EZtemper was invited to the opening of the Chocolate Academy in South Africa. Unfortunately they had a problem with the mail chimp app and invites didn't go out early. So it would be a bit tight to get there for next week!

Chocolate Academy South Africa

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Avachocolate said:

I took a chocolate class with Ramon Morato at the Chocolate Academy Singapore last year....he was raving about the EZtemper and thats all we used...did not even turn on the Selmi except for the enrobing pieces.

He has been a wonderful support!