• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ptw1953

ptw1953

Well, goodness me. What else can one say?

My EZtemper arrived in Edinburgh Thursday pm. I set it up, and chopped up some old grainy coco butter. Went to bed, then awoke @ 6:20am to some 'mayonnaise'.

I then melted some 270g of Belcolade 55%, (leftovers from an earlier making of chocolates; circa Easter iirc) to 40c, then cooled it to 33.5c. Mixed in 2.8g of the silk, then I poured and putthe mould into the fridge. By 7am I had 3 chocolate bars (see image) ready for my grandson, who was arriving @ 7:15am.

Circa 30 minutes, from start to finish.

Utterly amazing.

Thank you Kerry and Jessica...x

Philip

Chocolate Bars....jpg

ptw1953

ptw1953

My EZtemper arrived in Edinburgh Thursday pm. I set it up, and chopped up some old grainy coco butter that I had attempted unsuccessfully to temper last February. Went to bed, then awoke @ 6:20am to some 'mayonnaise'.

I then melted some 270g of Belcolade 55%, (leftovers from an earlier making of chocolates; circa Easter iirc) to 40c, then cooled it to 33.5c. Mixed in 2.8g of the silk, then I poured and putthe mould into the fridge. By 7am I had 3 chocolate bars (see image) ready for my grandson, who was arriving @ 7:15am.

Utterly amazing.

Philip

Chocolate Bars....jpg

ptw1953

ptw1953

My EZtemper arrived in Edinburgh Thursday pm. I set it up, and chopped up some old grainy coco butter that I had attempted unsuccessfully to temper using the sous vide method last February. Went to bed, then awoke @ 6:20am to some 'mayonnaise'.

Utterly amazing.

Philip

Chocolate Bars....jpg