• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Jim D.

Jim D.

@Kerry Beal, is the frog mold a Chocolate World one or ... ? I have not made any 3-D figures so far. What is the level of difficulty? the rough percentage of failures? I ask because the process looks as if it would be difficult. The city where I live has an annual Harry Potter festival that attracts thousands of people. I know practically nothing about Harry Potter but have been told by someone connected with the festival that frogs are very important in Harry's world; she suggested that, having seen the amount of money parents were throwing around last year on all sorts of stuff for their kids (including some cheaply made candy frogs), they would pay virtually any price for anything connected with frogs, especially with good chocolate involved. I suspect the cost of frog molds would virtually wipe out any profits, but it's worth a little exploring. Alternatively you could bring down a batch and get rich yourself. xD

Jim D.

Jim D.

@Kerry Beal, is the frog mold a Chocolate World one or ... ? I have not made any 3-D figures so far. What is the level of difficulty? the rough percentage of failures? I ask because process looks as if it would be difficult. The city where I live has an annual Harry Potter festival that attracts thousands of people. I know practically nothing about Harry Potter but have been told by someone connected with the festival that frogs are very important in Harry's world; she suggested that, having seen the amount of money parents were throwing around last year on all sorts of stuff for their kids (including some cheaply made candy frogs), they would pay virtually any price for anything connected with frogs, especially with good chocolate involved. I suspect the cost of frog molds would virtually wipe out any profits, but it's worth a little exploring. Alternatively you could bring down a batch and get rich yourself. xD

Jim D.

Jim D.

@Kerry Beal, is the frog mold a Chocolate Life one or ... ? I have not made any 3-D figures so far. What is the level of difficulty? the rough percentage of failures? I ask because process looks as if it would be difficult. The city where I live has an annual Harry Potter festival that attracts thousands of people. I know practically nothing about Harry Potter but have been told by someone connected with the festival that frogs are very important in Harry's world; she suggested that, having seen the amount of money parents were throwing around last year on all sorts of stuff for their kids (including some cheaply made candy frogs), they would pay virtually any price for anything connected with frogs, especially with good chocolate involved. I suspect the cost of frog molds would virtually wipe out any profits, but it's worth a little exploring. Alternatively you could bring down a batch and get rich yourself. xD