• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

patris

patris

Crappy writing

54 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

It is indeed - if I do say so myself!

And how! I made some feuilletine earlier this week and got obsessed with making a 2-layer piece with marshmallow and peanut butter meltaway with the feuilletine mixed in. I made the marshmallow last night, and this morning before I left for work I put together the feuilletined meltaway. Total time from sticking the chocolate in the microwave to melt it, to finished product, was less than 30 minutes - including the time it took for the meltaway mixture to cool enough to add the silk. Then about 15 minutes in the refrigerator and it was ready to cut. Can't wait to get home tonight to dip them - which will also be done in a trice thanks to the EZTemper!

patris

patris

49 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

It is indeed - if I do say so myself!

And how! I made some feuilletine earlier this week and got obsessed with making a 2-layer piece with marshmallow and peanut butter meltaway with the feuilletine mixed in. I made the marshmallow last night, and this morning before I left for work I put together the feuilletined meltaway - from sticking the chocolate in the microwave to melt it, to finished product, was less than 30 minutes - including the time it took for the meltaway mixture to cool enough to add the silk. Then about 15 minutes in the refrigerator and it was ready to cut. Can't wait to get home tonight to dip them - which will also be done in a trice thanks to the EZTemper!