• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

Need a little help. Alleguede, Chocolot and I are heading to the Fine Chocolate Industry Association Elevate Chocolate - Winter 2016 event next week and we are going to be demonstrating the EZtemper.  Kind of a mini trade show. We will probably man our table for about 4 hours. 

We haven't done anything quite like this before - we've done lots of one on one demos where we have stuff available as needed but there will be limitations due to how much stuff we can take along, no ability to wash equipment as we go along, limited refrigeration...

Our current thought is to take along a Mold'art melter, heat gun, some bowls and a couple of tasting sized bar molds. We will hold melted chocolate in the Mold'art, move it to a small bowl, temper with the EZtemper silk, pipe into molds and knock out of molds to show the excellent temper. I hope the hotel will be able to provide a bar fridge that we can put under the table to cool the molds while the chocolate is rapidly crystallizing.

Ideas? Thoughts on how else we could show how well the EZtemper works given the limitations of the equipment and the venue? 

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

Need a little help. Alleguede, Chocolot and I are heading to the [url=http://www.finechocolateindustry.org/events.php]Fine Chocolate Industry Association Elevate Chocolate - Winter 2016 event next week and we are going to be demonstrating the EZtemper.  Kind of a mini trade show. We will probably man our table for about 4 hours. 

We haven't done anything quite like this before - we've done lots of one on one demos where we have stuff available as needed but there will be limitations due to how much stuff we can take along, no ability to wash equipment as we go along, limited refrigeration...

Our current thought is to take along a Mold'art melter, heat gun, some bowls and a couple of tasting sized bar molds. We will hold melted chocolate in the Mold'art, move it to a small bowl, temper with the EZtemper silk, pipe into molds and knock out of molds to show the excellent temper. I hope the hotel will be able to provide a bar fridge that we can put under the table to cool the molds while the chocolate is rapidly crystallizing.

Ideas? Thoughts on how else we could show how well the EZtemper works given the limitations of the equipment and the venue?