• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ISO Interesting Sandwich Places In Toronto

torontowebsite

I'm bored of the same old, same old. What are some recommendations not in Yorkville, Baldwin Village, and Downtown. I guess I'm mainly looking for the Queen East Area, and around my new home on Dundas West?

I need a new sandwich place, a sandwich place that features fried meat of any variety. And I also need a cozy place. French is fine. Italian preferred. Something along the lines of Beast dt. No fusion please.

• 4 months later...

I like Brock Sandwich on Bloor.

The open faced sandwiches at Karelia Kitchen on Bloor are good.

Locomotive has good sandwiches in the Junction.

Nice panini at Forno Cultura on King W.

Porchetta has great sandwiches on Dundas W.

Also see http://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2014/11/the_top_30_sandwiches_in_toronto_by_neighbourhood/

Edited by phoenikia (log)

I like Solita on Dundas West (at Beaconsfield). They do a great porchetta sandwich on the weekends, and they have good quality imported Italian deli meats/cheeses (e.g. mortadella with pistachios). The use Blackbird Bakery breads. Great little place.