• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Kerry Beal in Manufacturing Confectioner journal

Chris Hennes

We received word that Society Member Kerry Beal appears in the April 2015 issue of Manufacturing Confectioner journal. This just in from Anna N:

Member Kerry Beal was one of the newsmakers in the April 2015 issue of the Manufacturing Confectioner journal. She introduced the EZtemper which is a product that facilitates the rapid and consistent pre-crystallizion (tempering) of chocolate products. The EZtemper gives the artisan chocolatier advantages similar to those of the major manufacturers but at an affordable price.

Here is a link to the relevant page in the journal.

• Like 15

Chris Hennes
Director of Operations
chennes@egullet.org

Congratulations, Kerry .. and thanks, Anna, for letting us know.

I would love to see the MC page/article but the link is doing funny things for me. It gets to MC First Page preview but nothing is there except a banner at the top that says, close when finished. When I close it, I lose the site completely. Is it me or is it the link?

Maybe it is a subscriber/member only site? I tried to access it via searching separately and I got the MC home page but can find nothing about Kerry or EZTemper or the April issue searching there.

Edited by Deryn (log)

Congratulations, Kerry .. and thanks Anna for letting us know.

I would love to see the MC page/article but the link is doing funny things for me. It gets to MC First Page preview but nothing is there except a banner at the top that says, close when finished. When I close it, I lose the site completely. Is it me or is it the link?

Maybe it is a subscriber/member only site? I tried to access it via searching separately and I got the MC home page but can find nothing about Kerry or EZTemper or the April issue searching there.

Check your downloads. Kerry is hiding there.

Way to go, Kerry!  (Thanks, Anna!)  I'm impressed that the unit works with power sources worldwide.  That's good thinking.

• Like 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Congratulations, Kerry .. and thanks, Anna, for letting us know.

I just rechecked the link and it's working fine for me. It is not linked to any kind of subscriber or membership requirements. It's one of those things I am guessing since it has happened to me when everyone else had no problem.

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

That's awesome Kerry! I went to the EZtemper site and read through everything. Really nice. I'm putting this on my wish list. It will replace the small tempering machine that's already on the list. The EZtemper costs quite a bit more than what I was looking at but it looks like it would be infinitely more useful in the long run.

I didn't have any trouble with the link (Thanks Anna!), it just asked if I wanted to open or save the pdf... I selected "open" and there it was.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

Congratulations! 

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

I am so excited to be receiving my EZtemper next week. You have done a great job, Kerry. Looking forward to playing with it at the workshop.

Ruth Kendrick

Chocolot
Artisan Chocolates and Toffees
www.chocolot.com

I have read it now. Thanks to all who helped me out there.

I am utterly amazed at you, Kerry! Where/when/how will it be for sale?

It's available as of now - you can purchase it through the the website and you will receive it through the mail in a beautiful box ready to set up.