• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hey! from the Oregon Outback

Bart

Wow! What a huge wealth of information! While it was a singular topic (Google/freeze dryers) that lead me here, after browsing for just a few minutes I can see I've come across a veritable encyclopedia of culinary insight, experience and knowledge.

All this coupled with, even more importantly, a willingness to share this accumulated wisdom with others/beginners. Bravo!

Thanks to all!

I 'spect I'll be spending lots of time reading here.

• Like 3

It's a great place. I'm down about the bottom 10 percent on here in the area of cooking experience/ability, and I can't TELL you how much I've learned. Folks are great.

Welcome!

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

Hi Bart. Welcome to eGullet. Wonderful that searching for freeze-drier info is what brought you here. Some of us are enthusiasts in that area but yes, this is an amazing place with people interested in all facets of the culinary world.

Welcome and ditto to what everyone else has said about the amazing people who contribute here.  

Beware of topics in the "Kitchen Consumer" category.  There are loads of wonderful cooking devices which are reviewed and their use experience shared here.  I figure I have bought around $10,000 worth of them since joining!  :shock:   However, I must say I don't regret buying any of them and am thankful to have learned about them here.  

Ditto goes for the "Cookbooks and References" category. :biggrin:

Cheers, and don't be timid about joining in.

• Like 1

See? This is exactly what I mean. Friendly folks willing to share their accumulated knowledge for the betterment of all. Sounds corny but it's a "real people" thing for me.

Thanks for such a warm welcome. See y'all in the forums.

• Like 2