• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chef's Table by Netflix

Shalmanese

I finished (with one exception) watching all 3 seasons. I can't begin to count all of the times I paused the show to look something up. I don't know that anything I viewed will change my approach to food, but I have learned new things about the world.

After watching Tim Raue for 6 or 7 minutes I turned that episode off. He may be a culinary success, but in my world view, based upon how I saw him treating other human beings, he is a failure as a human being.  I can't abide seeing people treated that way.

• Like 1

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

I enjoyed most of the episodes, though I suggested to my GF that we should play a drinking game...every time there's a slow-mo shot of the chef du jour striding across the countryside in purposeful quest of that extra-local ingredient, we swig a craft brew. :P

• Like 2

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

14 minutes ago, chromedome said:

I enjoyed most of the episodes, though I suggested to my GF that we should play a drinking game...every time there's a slow-mo shot of the chef du jour striding across the countryside in purposeful quest of that extra-local ingredient, we swig a craft brew. :P

Sounds good to me.

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

26 minutes ago, chromedome said:

In which case you might not want to binge watch the show.:D

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Season 5 is now out and I am enjoying it more than most of what has been done previously. The show on Albert Adria is, to me, absolutely fascinating. The Thai woman Bo Songvisavais a force to be reckoned with. I'm re-watching the Musa Dagdeviren right now. And I re-watched the Massimo Bottura episode from season 1 yet again this week.

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;