• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

America's Test Kitchen vids and those from Cook's Country

rotuts

Im a fan of TestKitchen and CC  videos.  I capture them in HD over the air on my computer and watch them from time to time

I broke down and got the Complete test kitchen book from PBS  ( cheaper than Amazon " and even succumbed to the 2015

annual.  my usual plan is to not further inflate Kimballs wallet ao I use the library for all their pubs.

how ever, i have yet to find a simple and reliable way to find which episode a particular recipe is in  ( video Rx, not print )

the TK web site always wants my email address and probably a trip into my wallet to study my credit cards

anyone have a good way to look up a Rx and then tell what video demonstrates it ?

ive been trying to find the video that goes w the Brown Rice Salad, where they boil the B.R.

the Rx is in the 2015 annual, but no further ref

its not in the complete test TV cookbook

I swear I did see this on TV

did they do it on Cook's Country ?

many thanks

BTW  the brown rice rx is on pp 18 +

Edited by rotuts (log)

thanks   I just found one of those refs

I remember this vividly as they boiled the brown rice in a pot of water and drained it in a colander as an initial step.

:huh:

must be the M.R. talking   

I  just did a quick search of CI and found several recipes and videos for Brown Rice Salad.  I can't send you the videos, but would be happy to send you a few of the recipes.  I've still got a few months left on my subscription - don't know if I'll renew it.

... Shel

SB  that's a very kind offer.  the Rx is in the 2015 annual book, which I bought.

any idea about the videos ?  do they say when you go to the videos if they were a part of Test Kitchen TV or Cook's Country TV ?

its a bit early for me to Hit the M.R.   ...........

:unsure:

but its the kind of thing that's driving me crazy

Edited by rotuts (log)

any idea about the videos ?  do they say when you go to the videos if they were a part of Test Kitchen TV or Cook's Country TV ?

Cook's Illustrated is where I found the recipes and video ... didn't see the recipes or videos on Cook's Country and didn't check ATK.

... Shel

many thanks.  I was not aware that the sec ion 'cooks illustrated' had videos.  I rice salad there  but could not view it as Im not a member.

my only interest in the video itself is Ive seen it somewhere for sure, which as far as I can tell had to be test kitchen tv or CC tv

you can count on them to put that rice video in as many places as possible.

ill go over to TJ's and restock w a few cases of pre M.R. as i think in this case   a case will be made for MR's 'medicinal' qualities, at least in the acute phase

thanks for your help

BTW in the rice vid is it Julia Colin davidson boiling the rice ?  if so, am a goner for sure  ! as that's who I saw.