• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

arithmetic

At the moment, just my usual white mai tai, of course.

However last night was a blind Scotch tasting (and Japanese whiskey tasting) at my son's.  My favorite was an old Ardbeg that had been a present from his brother.  Next favored was a Japanese whiskey though I can't recall the name.  Their Caledonian alcotourism focuses mostly on whiskey.  Mine more so on ale.  (Though the last time I visited Scotland was [almost] forty five years ago.)

My grandson expressed interest in visiting Japan, so perhaps I may get there yet.  My granddaughter leaves for China in a couple weeks.  Not sure what the beverage situation is like there.  Perchance I shall hear a report.

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

At the moment, just my usual white mai tai, of course.

However last night was a blind Scotch tasting (and Japanese whiskey tasting) at my son's.  My favorite was an old Ardbeg that had been a present from his brother.  Next favored was a Japanese whiskey though I can't recall the name.  Their Caledonian alcotourism focuses mostly on whiskey.  Mine more so on ale.  (Though the last time I visited Scotland was forty five years ago.)

My grandson expressed interest in visiting Japan, so perhaps I may get there yet.  My granddaughter leaves for China in a couple weeks.  Not sure what the beverage situation is like there.  Perchance I shall hear a report.