• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

formatting

A bunch of recent classics from the past couple of weeks.

10:3:2 Daiquiri with Dillon rhum agricole, lime juice, JM cane syrup. I really like this rhum agricole. It's cheap and very flavorful, high proof too (55). I think @Rafa recommended it a while back (thanks!).

24492166005_a022e6cc30_z.jpg

2:1 Martini with Sipsmith London dry gin, Noilly Prat extra dry vermouth, Regan / Fee Brothers / Angostura orange bitters. I am still completely in love with this London dry gin. It is pretty much perfect for a Martini.

24075989949_23decbdaf4_z.jpg

Norwegian Wood (Jeff Morgenthaler) with Krogstad aquavit, Daron XO calvados, Martini Gran Lusso vermouth, yellow Chartreuse, Angostura bitters. A very nice winter drink. I liked it a lot with the Gran Lusso. It has a bitter edge that was nice with the caraway notes of the aquavit.

24427996335_255a3ae144_z.jpg

Toronto (David A. Embury with ratios from PDT) with Rittenhouse 100 rye whiskey, barrel-aged Fernet Francisco, demerara syrup. I did it up but maybe it's better on a large rock... Still debating this. Also which Fernet do I like best in this... That's a good question!

24380082126_211d583fe9_z.jpg

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

formatting

A bunch of recent classics from the past couple of weeks.

10:3:2 Daiquiri with Dillon rhum agricole, lime juice, JM cane syrup . I really like this rhum agricole. It's cheap and very flavorful, high proof too (55). I think @Rafa recommended it a while back (thanks!).

24492166005_a022e6cc30_z.jpg

2:1 Martini with Sipsmith London dry gin, Noilly Prat extra dry vermouth, Regan/Fee Brothers/Angostura orange bitters. I am still completely in love with this London dry gin. It is pretty much perfect for a Martini.

24075989949_23decbdaf4_z.jpg

Norwegian Wood (Jeff Morgenthaler) with Krogstad aquavit, Daron XO calvados, Martini Gran Lusso vermouth, yellow Chartreuse, Angostura bitters. A very nice winter drink. I liked it a lot with the Gran Lusso. It has a bitter edge that was nice with the caraway notes of the aquavit.

24427996335_255a3ae144_z.jpg

Toronto (David A. Embury with ratios from PDT) with Rittenhouse 100 rye whiskey, barrel-aged Fernet Francisco, demerara syrup. I did it up but maybe it's better on a large rock... Still debating this. Also which Fernet do I like best in this... That's a good question!

24380082126_211d583fe9_z.jpg

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse