• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Rafa

Rafa

Inspired by bostonapothecary's recent discussion of prune juice as a traditional rum additive, I started thinking about the felicitous combination of Bonal with Smith & Cross, and, with sacrilegious disregard for spirit categories, began using an equal parts mix of the two as my go-to "rum" in recipes that call for the Jamaican stuff. 

A Mai Tai with an ounce and a half of Bonal to one and a half of Smith & Cross is a thing of beauty.

image.jpeg

Rafa

Rafa

Inspired by bostonapothecary's recent discussion of prune juice as a traditional rum additive, I started thinking about the felicitous combination of Bonal with Smith & Cross, and, with sacrilegious disregard for spirit categories, began using an equal parts mix of the two as my go-to "rum" in recipes that call for the Jamaican stuff. 

A Mai Tai with an ounce and a half of Bonal to one and a half of Smith & Cross is a thing of beauty.