• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Barcelona trip

gfweb

Look at that beautiful water!  

Are you still there or are you home now?

I wish I had your breakfast sitting in front of me.

Home now. I could easily have that breakfast daily...well on weekends anyway.

• Like 2

That was a lovely and enticing report.  Thank you!

• Like 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Hey gfweb,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share the culinary aspects of your trip to Spain with us!

I'm sorry the paellas in what otherwise looked like a really awesome restaurant were so disappointing. I do have to say that the photo of paella in the old 70's Betty Crocker cookbook is more visually appealing than either one of them. I've made the recipe several times although not verbatim. It calls for a can of lobster.  :wacko: With fresh seafood it turns out phenomenally, and looks better than either of the ones from the resto you went to. Betty rocked in her day!  :laugh:

I'm with rotut's philosophy: Life is too short for bitterness or envy. I revel in every good thing I'm able to grab from life, and for my circumstances, I consider myself very, very fortunate. I also relish the fact that there are people in this world with more opportunities than I have who are so generous to share some of their experiences that I dreamed of in youth, but now may never see firsthand.

I know it takes time to do what you did to put together this account, and I appreciate your generosity.

• Like 4

> ^ . . ^ <

A little more idealism knocked out of my head! Two bad paella in Barcelona! How sad is that?

I had paella in Barcelona during La Mercee and didn't enjoy it at all.