• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Kickstarter: Meld - WOW

nickrey

""  Rotuts, the app comes with many recipes ""

i understand this.  but its not recipes you are buying    its servo control.

"you buy this  thinking you will get recipes ?

best of luck"

Sorry, must have misunderstood this. Seemed clear to me.

Nick Reynolds, aka "nickrey"

"The Internet is full of false information." Plato
My eG Foodblog

Depending on the max temperature on the probe, the biggest "win" for me would be effortless deep frying. Deep frying in cast iron on the stove is far superior to any countertop appliance due to more heat being available but you lose the automatic temperature control. Being able to walk away from your deep frying rig rather than constantly twiddling a knob would be fantastic.

Also, sugar, candy & jam work would be another huge application area.

• Like 2

PS: I am a guy.

Depending on the max temperature on the probe, the biggest "win" for me would be effortless deep frying. ----------------------

I will be curious about this device in how it can keep good temperature for deep frying.

I think for a PID controller algorithm (if that is the electronics used) to work best the quantity of food has to more or less remain constant.

dcarch

Edited by dcarch (log)

• 5 months later...