• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Salutations

Thrilled and delighted to be able to share my all consuming passion with our community in cyberspace. For more than half-century, I have persued pleasures of the table in dear old Blighty - that's the UK to all & sundry - plus working stints in France, New York, Hong Kong & Bangkok.  I worked for many years in the world of food & wine.

• Like 2

We're thrilled and delighted to have you here!  I, Like SyliaLovegren, look forward to reading about what you've learned and done over the years, and what you like to cook and eat now.

Where in the UK do you now call home?

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Thank you for your warm welcome. I am a British expat happily retired and living for many years in Southeast Asia.  I lived and worked for many years in London with stints living and working in France (based in Paris), New York (I never ventured out the city!), Hong Kong & Bangkok. I was fortunate to spend most of my working life in publishing with a focus on hotels and restaurants. I intend to share my love and experience of the great cuisines of the world with our community of like-minded people. That goes for wine as well.

I hope you're going to be a busy fellow posting here. You clearly have a wealth of information, thoughts, experience. 

I'll definitely be watching the boards for your posts.

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

Oh lordy! I have just attempted - and failed - to post a request for information on French Dining about a Michelin 1* restaurant Bernard Morillion at Beaune in France. I've established that it is closed. My carefully worded post was rejected on the grounds that I am limited in the number of posts I can make. I have not made many posts at all and none in the last few days. I tried to get through to a moderator on this hic-cup but went round-in-circles. Sacre Bleu