• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

CanadianBakin' is leaving us

chefpeon

Longtime eG Pastry and Baking friends:

Our very own CanadianBakin' is now living her last days. She is losing the battle with breast cancer and is in palliative care. She doesn't have too much longer, unfortunately. 

I am posting a link in regard to donations to her family to help with expenses and to help them after she leaves us. I hope this is not inappropriate to this forum. 

http://www.youcaring.com/family-fundraiser/bearing-the-bacon-s-burdens/315458#.VPU6oqFMhp1.twitter

Sadly, Annie

[Moderator note: edited with member permission]

Edited by lesliec
Remove post placement suggestion (log)
  • Like 1

I recently connected with Tina again on Facebook - we had spent some time chatting via eG when she was first diagnosed.  I recall the fund raiser they held at a restaurant in Vancouver to get her a nanny to help out when she was doing the heavy chemo after her son was born.  I, of course, sent chocolate!  One a day antioxidants I think we called them.  

Tina, I'm so glad that you had the opportunity to have the extra years with your family that you did, and that your son was born and you had the time with him that you did.  Just wish that we all weren't being deprived of having you with us for many more years.  

• Like 2

I'm sorry to hear this... sometimes I wish we were all a little more invincible.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

Tis is very sad news. Thank you, Annie, for telling us and posting a link to the family's youcaring site.

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't know her like most of you guys, but its always a sad day when one of our own on this site, and also a fellow BCer, is hit with this terrible disease.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...