• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Vapre

Vapre

1 hour ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Since I seem to have purchased a Paragon last night I'd love to hear of others' experiences.  One question I have:  how high a temperature can you maintain while using the mat for precision temperature control?

Not home at the moment but I recall both the probe and mat topping off at 375F. But if you don't use them you can go higher. A couple winters ago I had it running for hours boiling down maple sap for syrup in the carport.

Vapre

Vapre

1 hour ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Since I seem to have purchased a Paragon last night I'd love to hear of others' experiences.  One question I have:  how high a temperature can you maintain while using the mat for precision temperature control?

I think with the probe and mat it tops off at 375F. But if you don't use them you can go higher.