• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

EweLady

EweLady

add a word! NOT~~~

I am not sure, I can buy freeze dried but I don't know the loss of IG. I am calling around to see who has a tester. I've read that 50% could be lost, in that case just halve the water. But there may be no loss. Currently we deal with it frozen but it's slow to thaw and when you need it it's usually an emergency so it would be much faster to have it in the freeze dried state. And of course you can NOT microwave it. And I'd have more room for food in the freezer!

EweLady

EweLady

I am not sure, I can buy freeze dried but I don't know the loss of IG. I am calling around to see who has a tester. I've read that 50% could be lost, in that case just halve the water. But there may be no loss. Currently we deal with it frozen but it's slow to thaw and when you need it it's usually an emergency so it would be much faster to have it in the freeze dried state. And of course you can microwave it. And I'd have more room for food in the freezer!