• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

DianaB

DianaB

For those interested in other country's versions of Bake Off the Wikipedia entry lists them all with their various titles.  I seem to recall the Irish version had some YouTube presence, perhaps of interest to those looking to see how the programme works in other English speaking countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_British_Bake_Off#International_broadcast_and_versions

I was hugely disappointed in the UK Creme de la Creme, both programme and the lack of any linked recipes.  There is a book that no doubt explains the lack of supporting free to read recipes, plus the BBC decision to wind down its recipe resource.

DianaB

DianaB

For those interested in other country's versions of Bake Off the Wikipedia entry lists them all with their various titles.  I seem to recall the Irish version had some YouTube presence, perhaps of interest to those looking to see how the programme works in other English speaking countries.

The 

I was hugely disappointed in the UK Creme de la Creme, both programme and the lack of any linked recipes.  There is a book that no doubt explains the lack of supporting free to read recipes, plus the BBC decision to wind down its recipe resource.