• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast! 2015

Anna N

Have read and heard about Dutch Baby pancakes all my life, but never made nor tasted one until last weekend.

dutch baby.JPG

This was a simple cinnamon sugar version. I doused it with homemade peach butter from last summer.

• Like 5

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

Add some grated onion, lots of salt and pepper, an egg and some bread crumbs to those grated potatoes and have yourself some latkes!

Thank you KayB. I'd never heard of Latkes before. I gave them a shot this morning and they were a hit with everyone ;-)

2e05e2a5d19e5396084074049128380c.jpg

• Like 6

Breakfast Buns

in my area there are three major FoodMarts

all of them had in situ bakeries

when you go to the Deli for Sliced Meats, in front they have 'Buns' wrapped from various providers.  Kazeem might be a one that

replicated the Onion Rolls I get from time to time for we  nice sandwiches

this Bum is Soft, a tinny bit sweet, with caramelized onions baked on the top.

I love these   when fresh

so what's 'fresh'   the aroma and still warm deliciousness 

if your mart has a bakery, look for these there. they are just better

Im not shy to ask for what's just baked

they are very happy to do this for me

makes all the difference

then the CSB  makes it all worth while

just saying

• Like 1

image.jpeg

Messy but so good. I refuse to be afraid of my food.

• Like 10

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Wherever did you find such nice tomatoes?

They are Camparis. While the bacon cooked the tomatoes were sprinkled with a little salt and the tiniest bit of sugar.

• Like 1

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

Seasonal breakfast bruschetta.  Cubes of roasted butternut squash and some (not very) blue cheese warmed together on toasted ciabatta.  A few pickled cranberries alongside.

IMG_2225.jpg

Later in the day, I would have rubbed the bread with some garlic and had a glass of wine with this but coffee was fine, too.

• Like 11

Seasonal breakfast bruschetta.  Cubes of roasted butternut squash and some (not very) blue cheese warmed together on toasted ciabatta.  A few pickled cranberries alongside.

Later in the day, I would have rubbed the bread with some garlic and had a glass of wine with this but coffee was fine, topo.

Thank you for a great idea for breakfast for a change. I love squash roasted and I love blue cheese and the two of them together on toasted bread is right up my alley.

• Like 1

My 2004 eG Blog

I can confirm  that water poached eggs are mighty tasty

I do those for the left over stuffing I make

I make a lot this stuffing

and it requires a water poached egg for breakfast

as fine a kind of breakfast ever found !

• Like 1

I can confirm  that water poached eggs are mighty tasty

I do those for the left over stuffing I make

I make a lot this stuffing

and it requires a water poached egg for breakfast

as fine a kind of breakfast ever found !

Suggestion -- crisp up that stuffing in your waffle iron. Finest thing going with an over-easy egg and some cranberry sauce on the side.

• Like 4

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com