• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast! 2015

Anna N

Egg and cheese wrap.  Would have been better with bacon   :hmmm:  I also made belgian waffles for the niece and nephew but they were scarfed before any photo could be taken

attachicon.gifegg wrap.jpg

What did you use for your crust? They look wonderful!

I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

bs6ojbE.jpgjust a weird assortment of things  ,  fresh local strawberries,cherries, min toms, serrano ham, veneto salami,  oka cheese,vezrin goats milk blue  and not pictured a bit of baguette and Marley Buffalo Soldier coffee. 

Edited by Ashen (log)
  • Like 2

"Why is the rum always gone?"

Captain Jack Sparrow

What did you use for your crust? They look wonderful!

It is just a Fiber One 80-calorie wheat wrap.  I would not say it is wonderful, but it was acceptable.  I toasted it in the skillet to give it some crunch.

It is just a Fiber One 80-calorie wheat wrap.  I would not say it is wonderful, but it was acceptable.  I toasted it in the skillet to give it some crunch.

It looks very good, I like the idea of toasting it in a skillet to crunch it up a little! How do they recommend cooking them normally?

I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Overnight house guest last night, and a morning with no work obligations, so I did a big "weekend" breakfast midweek, which was a rare treat. 

breakfast 0701.png

Bacon, scrambled eggs, biscuits, sliced tomatoes, watermelon, canteloupe, pear preserves. 

Followed an hour and a half later, I am ashamed to admit, by a "lunch" of blackberry cobbler and ice cream.

• Like 5

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

Wow

nothing better

I plan to be your Guest Toot Sweet !

Lunch:

'' blackberry cobbler and ice cream.''

my kind of lunch

hope you use  "French" vanilla

:biggrin: 

Edited by rotuts (log)

Wow

nothing better

I plan to be your Guest Toot Sweet !

Lunch:

'' blackberry cobbler and ice cream.''

my kind of lunch

hope you use  "French" vanilla

:biggrin: 

Come on. Love to cook for people. And it was Yarnell's (made in Arkansas, about 75 miles from me, in fact) "Guilt-Free" Homemade Vanilla. They do, however, make a French vanilla that is marvelous, too. 

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

We just started getting Okanagan apricots around here, so I had to make some apricot jam. Picture doesn't really show how nicely it came out. Really lovely on toast. I should make some of my own bread, though.     

IMGP4728.JPG

• Like 5

Bacon brushed with maple syrup, zucchini pancakes, baked tomatoes from the garden and microwave scrambled eggsattachicon.gifDSC00940.JPG

Yum! I really need to try making zucchini pancakes! I also dip my bacon and sausage into syrup. My husband thinks I'm nuts but I love that salty and sweet flavor.

• Like 2

Just cook Tom Yam bee hoon (rice vermicelli) this morning.   Easy to prepare. You can use ready-made tom yam paste bought at any grocery shop.

Tom Yam beehoon.JPG

• Like 8

My name is KP Kwan. I am a pharmacist turned restaurateur who lives in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I have worked in my restaurant more than ten years and since year 2012.

I am also a food blogger.  You can read my blog at http://tasteasianfood.com/

I am looking forward to learning and contributing topics about culinary skills in this forum.

• 2 weeks later...

This Time to Eat thread got me thinking this morning...

2015_07_18 0826.JPG

With a nod to Mission Chinese Food's salt-cod fried rice, this is Tasty's "Lower East Side" fried rice, with smoked whitefish.

• Like 8

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

Mushroom and Spinach Omelette.  Fresh Eggs  -  free range from the farm stand just around the corner. Toasted home-made baguette.

Mushroom%2C%20spinach%20and%20cheese%20O

Ok that is just sex on a plate.  :) 

"Why is the rum always gone?"

Captain Jack Sparrow

That is a delightful cup, liuzhou.

• Like 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

That is a delightful cup, liuzhou.

Unlike Starbucks.

Apparently, when SB open in a new city they sell local cups.  I had no idea that people collect these. I got loads of requests through my blog to buy them and send to all corners of the world! I didn't. 

They turn up on Ebay for silly money. One young woman flew all the way from the Philippines to buy one.

I've only ever once had breakfast in SB - many years ago in Beijing in an emergency.  Wasn't impressed.

But I like the cup.

Edited by liuzhou (log)
  • Like 4

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto