• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello from the new one on the block

Bowlsareus

No particular culinary training but I love to be in the kitchen.  Also love to travel and find a good deal on wine.  It is also very important to me to build relationships based on trust.  I look forward to getting to know many of you and sharing tips and stories from around the kitchen. Family recipes are always the best.  

I have many interests some of which include skiing, hiking, canoeing, kayaking, wineries, visiting local out of the way eateries where everything is made with family love. And, of course, spending time with our grandchildren. 

• Like 1

Sounds like there are many topics on eGullet to which you'll be able to add some great ideas - threads about what to take camping, and snacks for grandkids come immediately to mind.

In what part to our world are you located?

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

Sounds like there are many topics on eGullet to which you'll be able to add some great ideas - threads about what to take camping, and snacks for grandkids come immediately to mind.

In what part to our world are you located?

Oh, I didn't think to share my location.  I am on the beautiful west coast just north of Washington state in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.  There is so much to explore on this forum and I'm glad to be a member. Feel free to ask away as raising 5 children has given me quite an smorgasbord of information to share in all areas of life.