• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Iron Chef America (Part 2)

banco

From Bobby Flay's website:

more Iron Chef news

it's a big day in Kitchen Stadium. Today it's Iron Chef vs. Iron Chef - with a little help from the ranks of Food Network. I've got Giada on my side and we're taking on Mario and Rachel Ray. It'll be one to watch! I'll let you know when it airs.

Hmmm, I wonder if Sandra Lee will be a judge? :hmmm:

I hear she is single again... pm me if you read this. Perhaps an amateur such as I can introduce you to the joys of cooking without a can opener. Just sit there in your sweater at the cooking island with your glass of Syrah while I show off a little...

:biggrin:

TomH...

BRILLIANT!!!

HOORAY BEER!

So:   Flay and Giada  vs.  Batalli and RayRay

First evidence that the Rapture will soon be upon us?

A sure sign. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse will be the sous chefs, two per team.

:blink:

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

I would like to see a tag team of Rachel Ray and Sandra Lee versus Thomas Keller and Ferran Adria. Or better yet, throw Rocco and Gordon Ramsay into the mix and do a remake of Enter the Dragon, chef style. The losers get beheaded by the Chairman using a 800-year-old Masamune sword, and have their heads displayed on a pike at the nearest Hibachi chain restaurant.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

I'm holding out hope for the continued existence of the world.  However, if you hear that the Semi-Ho Maiden (Ms. Lee, that is) is ever on ICA, that will be a sure sign of The End.

I think the World will be okay. As long as we don't sail too close to the edge, fall off, and get eaten by dragons! :shock:

SB (wondering what the Secret Ingredient will be?) :rolleyes:

How about lollipops? :wacko:

Well, if it's "E-V-O-O" or Chef Boy-ar-dee, we'll know the fix is in!

The Ray/Lee vs. Dispirito/Ramsay challenge sounds like mighty compelling TV. The suspense would be whether Ramsay de-bones the other three or himself first.

TomH...

BRILLIANT!!!

HOORAY BEER!

How about lollipops? :wacko:

My guess for the secret ingredient? Cheez Whiz.

I dunno, I think Flay could probably make a pretty mean cheesesteak.

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Well, if it's "E-V-O-O" or Chef Boy-ar-dee, we'll know the fix is in!

The Ray/Lee vs. Dispirito/Ramsay challenge sounds like mighty compelling TV. The suspense would be whether Ramsay de-bones the other three or himself first.

Yeah, I'm guessing the first thing he'd do is grab the Masamune and commit hari-Kiri. Not before berating his sous chefs and foaming at the mouth, cursing like a sailor and turning bright red like a freshly steamed Normandy lobster, of course.

Who would you pair with Ramsay to torture? Rocco? Sandra? Rachael?

I know half of them are deceased, but since this is imaginary ....

.... The Two Fat Ladies!

SB (I'd watch!) :biggrin:

I dont think either of them would put up with his crap. The one that smokes would have kicked him in the head and run over him with her motorcycle, while the other one would beat him over the head with a large rutabega or something. They were nice ladies on the show, but somehow I get the feeling that they kicked some serious ass in their younger days.

Honestly, I don't have television anymore, but this show sounds so funny! I just might figure out the timing when it's announced and force my sister to sit through it with me. I saw that Rachel Ray on television a few times and I just CAN NOT imagine her as an Iron Chef contender! I mean it, how will this be possible? She's cheerful and easygoing, but really, what can she bring to the table in order to compete with a serious chef? Besides, I don't see Batalli as the type to be so comfortable with her fluffy attitude towards everything. THAT will be funny to see. At least she'll have time on her side, I mean, heck she'll have an entire hour! I just hope that the secret ingredient isn't offal, myself. Heh.

More Than Salt

Visit Our Cape Coop Blog

Cure Cutaneous Lymphoma

Join the DarkSide---------------------------> DarkSide Member #006-03-09-06

I know half of them are deceased, but since this is imaginary ....

.... The Two Fat Ladies!

SB (I'd watch!) :biggrin:

I dont think either of them would put up with his crap. The one that smokes would have kicked him in the head and run over him with her motorcycle, while the other one would beat him over the head with a large rutabega or something. They were nice ladies on the show, but somehow I get the feeling that they kicked some serious ass in their younger days.

In person Clarissa is intelligent, quick witted, entertaining and she could most likely kick my arse now, no problem.

Yabbut...

Didn't I read in the Times spread on Rachael Ray a few months ago, that she and Batali are friends?

:huh:

Margo Thompson

Allentown, PA

You're my little potato, you're my little potato,

You're my little potato, they dug you up!

You come from underground!

-Malcolm Dalglish

Ramsay and Rocco v. Bourdain and Ripert

BY THE WAY, CHRIS COGNAC, GOOD LUCK DUDE!!!  MAKE ME A BELIEVER AGAIN!!!

Thanks, I just hope I dont get edited out too much....just hope I get a good ingredient...like Lobster...or Wine...oh that could work!..."now let go to Kevin with the drunken judges" ..I do know I am judging w Stiengarten...

Moo, Cluck, Oink.....they all taste good!

The Hungry Detective

Giada and Rachel, eh? Somewhere there's an editor at FHM nursing a broken phone-dialing finger, caused by his haste in calling up his best photographer to do a tie-in photo spread.  :laugh:

Bing bing bing! Johnny, tell Mizducky what she has won!

As this event is the epitome of what FTV has become, I will be sure to tune in. And should Team Ray-Flay win, I will weep for a nation.