• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seeking Kent Vacuum Coffee Maker replacement part

jrabb

Hello all!  I was recently turned on to the vacuum coffee brewers and I swear by them now.  I recently purchased a vintage 1940's Kent vacuum coffee maker from Ebay.  Today I cracked the lower chamber by leaving it on the stovetop.  I am looking for a replacement 8-cup size lower chamber for the Kent brand. 

Does anybody know where I can get this part.  I know I will have some difficulty in finding one as this is a vintage brewer and Kent, a British co., is no longer in business I believe. 

Also, does anyone know if the Kent upper chamber will fit one of the other glass vacuum brewer brands' (e.g. Silex, Cory, etc.) lower chambers?

Thank you for your time!  Any insight would be greatly appreciated. 

I have tried to attached a picture of this coffee brewer, but I couldn't figure out how to do so in this forum. 

I have two bottoms sitting around that I've been thinking I need to find a new home for.  I've sent you a PM - if you can forward me a picture we'll see if one might fit.

If you have an electric stove, don't put an old glass coffeepot directly on it.  The uneven heat generated at the bottom is what cracked it. You need to put a wire grid between the coffeepot and the burner. Here is one type

http://www.amazon.com/Chemex-Stainless-Steel-Electric-Stove/dp/B000VTRYX6/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top