• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New member from Ottawa

Hello!

My name is Daniel and I am working my way up the food service industry. My goal and dream is to become a chef.

One thing I believe is that there is so much to learn about food and cooking that it will take more than a lifetime to learn it all!

Thank you for reading!

Daniel

• Like 1

Welcome, Daniel! You've come to a good place for questions, answers, expertise and camaraderie. There are a lot of us who feel, as you do, that a lifetime isn't enough to learn everything there is about food and cooking. For some people, that's an expression of just how vast the topic is. Then there are the slow learners - like me - who are still trying to phrase the questions ;-)

Come on in, wander around; feel free to ask questions, and we hope you'll join in with the discussions.

• Like 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Thank you for the welcome, Thanks for the Crepes! 
Everyone in the world has to learn. It is what life is all about! 

I truly hope to gain knowledge on this wonderful forum. 

Welcome to eGullet, danielphilippe!

Most of us are here to learn from each other too.

This is the very best place (IMO) to further your culinary knowledge and connect with others who want to do the same.