• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello from London

jameswo

Hi there, from London.

This seems such a font of knowledge, I'm hoping to learn more and contribute where I can.

I love to cook classical French and Italian food, and a couple of years ago became more interested in the science of cooking. Beginning with a Molecule-R kit, I've moved on to having tubs of hydrochlorides in the kitchen. From gels, raviolis and caviars I love to experiment with new flavours and recipes.

Just starting to see what i can cook in a vac pot, and using mr cream whipper for more exciting uses.

James

Hi James.  Welcome to eGullet - always nice to see somebody new from the Commonwealth!

You'll have fun here.  eG is an amazing source of knowledge and experience, and we certainly like our modernist.  I personally recommend this topic for some ideas for an alternative use for your whipper - the blueberry pancakes are great.

Again, welcome.  See you in the forums.

Regards,

Leslie

• Like 1

Leslie Craven, aka "lesliec"
Host, eG Forumslcraven@egstaff.org

After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relatives ~ Oscar Wilde

My eG Foodblog

eGullet Ethics Code signatory

Welcome to eG, jameswo!

I'm always excited to see a new member from another country, especially my ancestors' homeland.

I'm sure you'll find, as I have, that this site will expand your culinary horizons beyond your wildest dreams. There is SO MUCH good stuff here; anything you're interested in you can find in depth.

Please share with us the food that is normal and everyday to you, but exotic to us over the pond.

ETA: comma to semicolon (sorry, but I just had to)

Edited by Thanks for the Crepes (log)
  • Like 1

> ^ . . ^ <

Hey fellow Londoner.  Be sure to share your modernist experiments.  I'm playing around with a creamer myself at the moment - pressure infusion of vodka is a truly great thing :)

Sounds good, heard of using it for infusions... Any tips? Any ideas for hot mousse?