• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lemniscate

lemniscate

add clarity

50 minutes ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

My question is, if you're only going to wash that many dishes, isn't it just as easy to hand wash them?  

Not an unreasonable question.  Answer is:  I don't wanna.   I like the unattendedness of an modern automatic dishwasher, I grew up in an old farmhouse having to do the dishes in a tin basin.   I did not enjoy it.   I run the dishwasher at night and wake up to clean dishes.  

Countertop?  Takes up pretty much permanent counter space plus still needs fill and drain hookups to use.  I don't have the counter space for one of those currently.   My friends in Singapore had one, so I am familiar with countertop versions.  I remember the rolling ones also.

In "theory" the Tetra doesn't need fill and drain connections according to the video, unless I missed something.  Plus it looks small enough to stow out of the way.

Again, it's probably VAPORWARE, but what if it really does work?  I wanna believe (like the X-files).

I'll run this current dishwasher until it croaks.   It just irks me that durable goods are much less durable now.

lemniscate

lemniscate

add clarity

49 minutes ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

My question is, if you're only going to wash that many dishes, isn't it just as easy to hand wash them?  

Not an unreasonable question.  Answer is:  I don't wanna.   I like the unattendedness of an modern automatic dishwasher, I grew up in an old farmhouse having to do the dishes in a tin basin.   I did not enjoy it.   I run the dishwasher at night and wake up to clean dishes.  

Countertop?  Takes up pretty much permanent counter space plus still needs fill and drain hookups to use.  I don't have the counter space for one of those currently.   My friends in Singapore had one, so I am familiar with countertop versions.  I remember the rolling ones also.

In "theory" the Tetra doesn't need fill and drain connections according to the video, unless I missed something.  Plus it looks small enough to stow out of the way.

Again, it's probably VAPORWARE, but what if it really does work?  I wanna believe.

I'll run this current dishwasher until it croaks.   It just irks me that durable goods are much less durable now.

lemniscate

lemniscate

39 minutes ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

In "theory" the Tetra doesn't need fill and drain according to the video, unless I missed something.  Plus it looks small enough to stow out of the way.

Again, it's probably VAPORWARE, but what if it really does work?  I wanna believe.