• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Engineer and Eater who likes fun and better cooking

JustGoodFood

I've been lurking for awhile and decided it's time to join.  I'm a foodie and engineer, so I love the process of cooking and thinking about how to make food better and preparing it easy.  From my family's traditional recipes to modern techniques, there's so much fun to be had tinkering in the kitchen. I live in Kentucky, so I've built a deep relationship with BBQ and bourbon.

I work with open development of appliances, which gives me the chance to play with lots of great things like sous vide cooking, indoor grilling, beer brewing, and slushy beverages.  I love sharing ideas and working together to make beautiful (and tasty things)!

I appreciate all the recipes and tips I've learned here, and thanks in advance for more to come!

• Like 1

Full disclosure, I'm an engineer at www.FirstBuild.com... cooking science is part of my job

Welcome! Since you've been lurking a while you already know there are a lot of engineers and gear-heads here, as well as more traditional cooks..and bourbon enthusiasts:-). If you have any questions about where to find or post something, feel free to ask a host by the PM system. We're glad to have you here!

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Meat curing and sausage making and well even BBQ as you know mesh well with engineer skills of planning, measurement, and note taking so good luck with your membership and I'll see you in the forums.