• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hi there - reinspired London foodie checking in

Matt L

Hi there - delighted to join this community, and looking forward to learning and (occasionally) contributing.

I'm a former food-obsessive from London, England currently rediscovering my excitement after ten years of child-rearing induced distraction.  There's close on 500 cook books on my shelves, poorly attended to since my kids came along but now they are a bit older getting dug out and utilised again.  

And the purchase of a Sansaire and a Codlo (yay Kickstarter!) have given me the impetus I needed to start experimenting in the kitchen again (sous vide is very neat - I may end up buying an Anova as well soon).

In the meantime, I've contented myself with perfecting my coffee making, with an arsenal of kit to make everything from the perfect pourover to the optimum espresso. But I guess thats for another forum...

• Like 2

Yes, welcome, Matt! Shelby already told you about the coffee/tea section. (Good job, Shelby!) Take some time to explore around; make yourself at home here when your childrearing obligations give you time. There are a lot of enthusiastic modernist cooks, not-so-modernist cooks and downright-primitive cooks around here, and we love swapping ideas. If you need any help figuring out how to post photos or other technical aspects of the forums, don't hesitate to ask a host.

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Welcome, Matt!!!

We have a coffee/tea section here.....http://forums.egullet.org/forum/127-coffee-tea/  I'm sure a lot of us want to hear your tips and tricks :)

Yes, welcome, Matt! Shelby already told you about the coffee/tea section. (Good job, Shelby!) Take some time to explore around; make yourself at home here when your childrearing obligations give you time. There are a lot of enthusiastic modernist cooks, not-so-modernist cooks and downright-primitive cooks around here, and we love swapping ideas. If you need any help figuring out how to post photos or other technical aspects of the forums, don't hesitate to ask a host.

Thanks for such a friendly welcome guys!

I mod a pretty big IPB-based forum, so am ok with the technical stuff :cool:

But do need my cooking thang rebooting thoroughly, so very excited about joining up here!

Will dive deep into coffee/tea sub-forum though - definitely - and everything else...

• Like 1